Emergency Paediatric First Aid - Unit 1
National Qualification : Level 5 (Scotland) or Level 2 (England & Wales / Northern Ireland)
Includes Booklet, Certification and ID Card
This course is tailored to organisations that require Emergency First Aid at Work practitioners to assess emergency situations and administer aid to children. This National Award for Emergency First Aid at Work is split into 2 Units and satisfies the requirements of the regulatory body for First Aid - The Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
All students will have the skills and knowledge to provide the organisation with Emergency First Aider’s that can provide treatment to their casualties in a prompt, safe and effective manner. The course is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by the Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone working in the care of or training children.
This course would suit :
- Educational Establishments
- Sports Training
- Activity Centres
6 Hours of Training
First-2-Aid-U Training Suite, Glasgow (Convenient free parking available). On site instruction available by request.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and is not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor, along with a multiple choice question paper and on completion, a three year qualification will be issued to those who satisfy the criteria. In addition, we strongly recommend that all students undergo an annual refresher programme of three hours.
Includes certification for 3 years, Id Card and Booklet.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
Refresher Training and re-qualification is essential to keep up to date in the First Aid environment.