Activity First Aid
National Qualification : Level 2
Includes Booklet, Certification and ID Card
Successful candidates will gain the knowledge and skills needed to treat a range of conditions that could occur during any form of activity, from life threatening illnesses to minor injuries.
Who needs to be trained / qualified (mandatory HSE)
- Youth Football / Rugby Trainers
- Sport Coaches
- PE Teachers
- Outdoors Trainers
- Boot Camp Trainers
- Originations undertaking field / leisure activates
2 Days of Training
First-2-Aid-U Training Suite, Glasgow (Convenient free parking available). On site instruction available by request.
What is covered in this course:
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED use
- Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- External bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Treatment for hot and cold temperatures
- Minor injuries
- Sprains, strains and dislocations
- Eye injuries
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor, along with a multiple choice question paper and on completion, a years qualification will be issued to those who satisfy the criteria.
Includes certification for 3 years, Id Card and Booklet.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
This qualification lasts for 3 years.
To renew the qualification, learners will need to complete the full course again.