Survival In Remote Areas (S.I.R.A.)
Survival in Remote Areas Competency Certification.
S.I.R.A. aims to provide progressive training for teams and engineers, enhancing real life skills that are essential to working in remote locations. Delegates will be instructed how to be deployed by means of helicopter, with all equipment that will be required on a remote location and manifested to support the project.
S.I.R.A. will deliver theoretical and practical survival, lifesaving and medical skills along with survival mindset and psychology techniques to support leading construction companies, enhancing their skills to help save and preserve life in remote and hostile environments.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone working in remote or inaccessible areas where quick access to medical facilities are not available.
This course would suit :
- Forestry Workers
- Remote Workers
- Film Crews
- Adventure Operators
- Overseas Journalists
- Wind Farm Engineers
- Power & Cable Workers
2-3 Days Training according to site specific requirements
On site training.
- Helicopter Deployment / Extraction
- Survival Mindset & Psychology
- Principles of Survival
- Survival Grab Bags, Components and Uses
- Improvised Shelter Builds
- Different Methods of Fire Making
- Water Sourcing and Purification
- Navigation and Signalling
- Confirmatory Test Scenarios Utilising Incident Control Point. (Icp)
- Command and Control and Communication Skills
- Rescue Signals
- Incident Management
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Responsibilities and reporting
- Defibrillation / AED
- Bleeding Control - Haemostatic Dressing
- Bleeding Control - Elasticated Bandage
- Catastrophic CAT-C Tourniquet Application
- Heart attacks
- Epilepsy and Disorders
- Anaphylaxis Shock and Control
- Minor injuries
- Hot and Cold Injuries
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor - candidates will be appraised on practical skills during the remote location course.
Includes S.I.R.A. Certification.
A maximum of 22 candidates can be accommodated on this out-of-bounds practical course.