National Qualification : Level 2
Includes Booklet, Certification and ID Card
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and is aimed at current or new staff who work in health and care settings such as care homes, health centres, surgeries and childcare settings and gives them underpinning knowledge of how to prevent and control the spread of infection.
6 Hours of Training
First-2-Aid-U Training Suite, Glasgow (Convenient free parking available). On site instruction available by request.
A range of subjects are covered allowing the candidate to :
- Understand common infections and the chain of infection
- Understand the importance of correct hand washing procedures for infection prevention and control
- Understand the principles of PPE used in infection prevention and control
- Understand the decontamination process
- Understand waste management procedures and the associated risks
- Understand the roles and responsibilities in preventing infection
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor, along with a multiple choice question paper and on completion, a years qualification will be issued to those who satisfy the criteria.
Includes certification for 1 year, Id Card and Booklet.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
This qualification lasts for 1 year.
To renew the qualification, learners will need to complete the full course again.